I believe in the KISS Method (Keep It Simple…Stupid) and when healthy eating, there are only two things that make or break your success: strategy and execution.
Unfortunately, strategies are often overcomplicated and overwhelming instead of simplified and easy to follow.
Execution is then stymied because there isn’t a clear cut strategy.
1. I follow a daily intermittent fasting routine (8:16) that works with my schedule.
2. I fill up on lots of healthy fats, proteins, and vegetables to give me a constant stream of energy.
3. I avoid foods that wreak havoc on my digestion (mainly dairy and grains).
Other than that, I eat what I want!
Within these parameters, I’ve found several meals that work to complement my lifestyle, metabolism, gut and goals.
As long as I stick to my principles, I allow myself tons of freedom and regular cheat meals.
For you, instead of trying to find a meal plan with tons of variety – do the exact opposite.
Find four or five (healthy) meals that you LOVE and can make fairly easily.
Stick to these meals and create variety by changing the little details like the spices, dressings, and type of preparation (steaming, boiling, frying, etc.).
To give you some examples of what I personally eat, here are five meals I make presented with a few options:
1. Egg omelette with…
- Sausage or bacon
- Onions, tomatoes, jalepenos and spinach or mixed greens
2. Mixed greens salad with…
- Salmon, avocado, pickles, olives and olive oil
- Chicken, avocado, cucumber, carrots and sesame oil
3. Roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots topped with grass- fed butter and…
- Grass-fed Steak, Organic Chicken or Lamb.
4. Coconut milk smoothie with…
- Strawberries or mixed berries (or both), dates, protein powder, cashews and coconut oil.
5. Dessert! Dark chocolate (85% cacao) with…
- Almonds, pecans, walnuts, dates or dried apricots (dried apricots are GREAT for the skin too 🙂 ).
- Lindt is my favorite brand for chocolate. They have high quality and great tasting chocolate. I always try to get 80% cacao (or higher) for low sugar content.